Department of English
- Head of Department: Professor Li Jian
- Professor of English:
- Professor Li Jian, MA (East Anglia). He did his MA TEFL at the University of East Anglia, UK, and has published numerous articles and books on the teaching and learning of English as well as in the field of English for specific purposes. Interests: Second Language Acquisition, English for Business, English for Science and Technology.
- Professor of Linguistics:
- Professor Shi Baohui, BA (BLI), Cert. TEFL (Bell), MA (Essex), PhD (BLCU). His first degree was in English, consisting of two years of Chinese literature and two years of English and American Literature along with courses in English language skills, at Beijing Language Institute. After that he became a teacher of English at this university in 1983 and took a six-month course leading to a Certificate in TEFL and ESP at Bell College, Saffron Walden, in the UK. Then he did two years of teaching before completing his MA in Descriptive and Applied Linguistics at the University of Essex in the UK. He completed his PhD in Chinese linguistics at Beijing Language and Culture University in 2004. He has published widely in linguistics and applied linguistics. Interests: Phonology, Syntax, Semantics, Morphology, Sociolinguistics, Translation, Applied Linguistics.
- Professor of Applied Linguistics:
- Professor Xiao Wenke, BA (Shanxi), MA (Shanxi), PhD (candidate, BFU). He has a first degree in English and an MA in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, both from Shanxi University. He was Professor of English and Head of Department of Foreign Languages at Shanxi University of Finance and Economics (SXUFE) before joining this school in 2001. His experience with SXUFE has given him an interest in English for economics and business. He is currently working on a PhD at the School of Economics and Management in this university. Interests: Applied Linguistics, Testing, English for Economics and Business.
- Associate Professors:
- Dr. Cao Rongping, BA (BFSU), MA (Tsinghua), PhD (BFSU). Interests: Applied Linguistics, Educational Assessment, Teaching Writing.
Ms. Chen Lisha, BA (HunanNU), MA (HunanNU), PhD (candidate, HunanNU). Interests: English and American Literature.
Dr. Fan Li, BA (BLCU), MA (BLCU), PhD (BLCU). Interests: Language Acquisition, Semantics, Syntax
Ms. Gao Yueqin, BA (NENU), MA (Beihang). Interests: Sociolinguistics.
Ms. Li Bing, BA (Yunnan), Dip. TEFL (Wellington). Interests: Culture of English-speaking Countries, Teaching Methodology, Phonetics.
Ms. Liu Wei, BA (QufuNU), MA (BFSU). Interests: English Lexicology, Pragmatics
Ms. Nangong Meifang, BA (Sichuan), MA (CIR), PhD (candidate, BNU). Interests: English and American Literature.
Ms. Tao Jiawei, MA (Hebei). Interests: Second Language Acquisition
Ms. Wu Lihong, BA (InnerMongNU), Dip. TEFL (BNU), MA (Middlesex), PhD (candidate, BFSU). Interests: Cross-cultural Communication, Theories of Translation.
Ms. Zu Guoxia, BA (BFU), MA (BFSU), PhD (candidate, BNU). Interests: Cross-cultural Communication, Western Culture and Philosophy.
- Ms. Chen Xiaoying, BA (HIT), MA (BLCU). Interests: English Language Teaching.
Ms. Jiang Lan, BA (BFSU), MA (UIBE). Interests: English for Business.
Ms. Li Xin, BA (Shandong), MA (UIBE), PhD (candidate, UIBE). Interests: English for Business.
Ms. Luo Can, BA (CenChNU), MA (Wuhan), PhD (candidate, BFSU). Interests: Literature.
Ms. Wang Yina, BA (Central South), MA (Central South), MPhil (Bergen). Interests: English Linguistics, English Language Teaching.
- English Specialist:
- Ms. Bronwyn Jane Anzai, BA (New South Wales). Interests: English Language Teaching.